Sunday 4 September 2016

Martial vows to learn from ‘disastrous’ Euro 2016

Anthony Martial admits he endured a “disastrous” Euro 2016 campaign but insists his experiences with France will help improve him as a player.

The Manchester United forward failed to take his club form from last season on to the international stage in the summer, starting only one game for France during a campaign which ended in a 1-0 defeat to Portugal in the final in Paris.

Martial was restored to Didier Deschamps’ starting XI for the friendly against Italy on Thursday and the 20-year-old rediscovered his goalscoring touch with the opener in a 3-1 victory over the Azzurri.

The former Monaco forward says he learning from his difficult summer, telling French TV: “It was a very difficult Euros – disastrous. We didn’t manage to win the title and I spent it on the bench. It happens, I am young, I am going to learn from that.

“It was the first time I had played so much for my club but that is not an excuse. I should have been better.”

The post Martial vows to learn from ‘disastrous’ Euro 2016 appeared first on Football365.



from All The News – Football365 http://ift.tt/2ceOVYA