Tuesday 11 October 2016

Babel: I was badly coached at Liverpool, I needed help

Ryan Babel has blamed poor coaching for failing to fulfill his potential at Liverpool.

Liverpool signed Babel from Ajax in 2007, with the forward arriving as a highly-rated 20-year-old.

Howevever, the Holland international largely struggled in his four years at Anfield, although he suggests it was not completely his fault.

“I think I was badly coached. Neither the coach nor the coaching staff advised me well. I was 20 years old went I went to the Premier League,” Babel, now of Deportivo, told AS.

“When you are 20, you need help from other people, you need people to talk to you. But when I went over there, nobody helped me. I was alone, and that’s difficult for any young player.

“Not everyone is Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Even Cristiano Ronaldo’s first years at Manchester United were quite difficult.

“Alex Ferguson helped him, he stayed right by him and allowed him to grow, and now he is one of the best players in the world.

“Maybe if Ferguson hadn’t been so concerned about Ronaldo, then Ronaldo wouldn’t be the player he is today.”

The post Babel: I was badly coached at Liverpool, I needed help appeared first on Football365.



from All The News – Football365 http://ift.tt/2enoJOu