Tuesday 11 October 2016

Everton’s Oumar Niasse: ‘It’s really sad. I don’t think I deserve this’

The striker was signed for £13.5m towards the end of Roberto Martínez’s reign at Everton and is refusing to give up on his Premier League dream despite being left without a locker and training with the under-23s

Oumar Niasse was told by Ronald Koeman that he was not wanted at Everton after one 45-minute appearance in pre-season. The Senegal striker was stripped of his shirt number and he was ordered to train with the club’s under-23 squad. But it is a finer detail that shines a light on just how far the 26-year-old has fallen since what was a dream £13.5m transfer from Lokomotiv Moscow last February.

“I’m in the dressing-room with the under-23s but I don’t have a locker,” Niasse says. “The other players have where they put their stuff but I don’t. I come with my bag and I just have a place that I know. I put my bag down, I train and after, I put everything in my car and go home.”

Continue reading...

from Football | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2ebPWnS