Wednesday 5 October 2016

Origi dismisses Juve rumours, focused on Liverpool

Divock Origi says he still believes he “will make it at Liverpool” despite speculation of interest from Serie A side Juventus.

The Italian club are reportedly on the lookout for a replacement for their Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic and according to Calciomercato Origi is their number one target.

Origi has been on the fringes at Anfield this season and despite making six appearances – scoring two goals in the League Cup – he has struggled to start regularly under Jurgen Klopp.

“Have I been linked to Juventus? Never heard that one. It’s just a rumour. I’m fully focused on Liverpool,” Origi said, speaking to Belgian newspaper HLN.

Origi had a positive season last year at Anfield, scoring 10 goals and the 21-year-old has revealed that Klopp believes in his ability to force his way into the starting XI.

“Of course I would like to play more, but never change a winning team. I’m still convinced that I will make it at Liverpool,” said the Belgium international.

“Klopp believes in me. He asked me to be patient & to stay calm – not easy. I want to be the decisive player I was last season.”

The post Origi dismisses Juve rumours, focused on Liverpool appeared first on Football365.



from All The News – Football365 http://ift.tt/2dQXSe7