Saturday 28 January 2017

I can’t wait to start scoring for FC Ifeanyi Ubah – Obaje

Last season Nigeria Professional Football League golden boy Godwin Obaje is keen to make an impression with FC Ifeanyi Ubah, after penning a three-year deal with the Anambra Warriors.

Obaje who emerged as the league highest goal scorer with 18 goals while defending the colours of Wikki Tourists, was close to joining Tunisian side Etoile du Sahel before the move fell through over contractual issues.

The 19 years old failed his recent trials with Russian club Spartak Moscow but he is ready to brace up and face his new challenge at FC Ifeanyi Ubah.

“I have put all the recent disappointments behind me and my focus is now on the next challenge before me, which is playing for FC Ifeanyiubah,”

“In life, everything works out for good. I believe that at the right time, I will get the chance to play for a club outside the country.

“I’m happy to have joined a big club like FC Ifeanyiubah which is one of the best in the country. Last year, I did well for Wikki Tourists by emerging as the highest goal scorer in the league, and I want to score more goals for my new club this term.

“I can’t wait to put on FC Ifeanyiubah shirt and start scoring again.”

Obaje could make his debut for the Anambra Warriors against his former employers Wikki Tourists this Sunday, in the match day five of the NPFL.

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J